Monday, June 9, 2014

Bug City Pt 1

WARNING: This post contains all manner of insects, including many spiders. If you are arachnophobic, first, grow a pair, second, skip this.

INSECTS ARE EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD
It is only natural that in my travels I should encounter many.  And given the miles I cover, it's surprising how different a part of the world can be, even if it still calls itself by the same state name as home.
This is an absolute beauty who was hanging out on the hatch of a bin when I arrived once. It wasn't bothered at all by my scooping him on to my hand, so I took a little photo op, and then walked it over to a fence post in a grassy area.

I swear to god I could have one of these for a pet.


Here's a nice little killer lying in wait for a hand with a pair of keys to come by so that it may strike!

Early morning web invasion.
They like to set up right on the hatch, aka THE PATH THAT EVERYTHING TRAVELS THROUGH. Had to break it to this fella gently that it wasn't going to last.
 This might be the same one from far away. Positioning seems right.


Here is a mystery creature I wouldn't mind seeing again. I spotted this from my truck as I was driving. It was in an apartment complex directly in a 1-lane path.  Like some sort of caterpillar with fewer legs, the feet were so big and stubby. I didn't want to touch it so I moved it out of the way with a stick, since I had no idea what it even was I had no way of knowing if it was potentially poisonous. I doubt it would have done me harm, but seriously. What is this guy.
 Same dude, on grass.


Here is a proud monster.

Cicadas were around for two years in a row, here's some videos pertaining to that.


Here's a long skinny mystery bug.

 Not sure what this is. A grey block in my preview window. Broken file?

Some kinda giant grasshopper who didn't know a way out when he had it.

The end...

...FOR NOW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment